Is It Right for You?
The answer is YES if you can identify with any of the following points…
- Do not know or cannot find your 401(k) login information for your plan’s website or call center
- Time is not something you have a lot of, with work, family, life, etc.
- Cannot remember the last time you rebalanced your portfolio
- Are invested 100% in the Money Market or Stable Value fund
- Invested in multiple target date funds (aka Freedom, Target Retirement…with a year behind it)
- Consistently chase the “hot fund(s)”
- Have good intentions to review and research your 401(k), but life gets in the way
The answer is NO if you…
- Consistently monitor the amount of risk you have within your portfolio
- Are invested 100% in an age-appropriate Target Date Fund
- Monitor your current allocation of Large, Mid, and Small Cap stocks, International stocks, Fixed Income and Cash
- Rebalance your portfolio regardless of your portfolio holdings’ performance on a semi-annual or annual basis